Selenium WebDriver Tutorials Overview
- Selenium is a browser automation tool that is commonly used to write end-to-end tests of web applications.
- Selenium remains the most widely used test automation tool even after the invention of several other software testing tools.
- This is an open-source project, which has been released under the Apache 2.0 license, so that you can download and use it without charge.
- Learning and working with it is very easy.
- Selenium is compatible with many browsers and operating systems, apart from it also supports many programming languages.
- Selenium Project produces various tools for automation testing such as Selenium IDE, Selenium Remote Control (RC), Selenium Grid and Selenium 2.0 and WebDriver.
- Selenium is a web application test framework that allows you to write tests in many programming languages such as Java, C #, Groovy, Perl, PHP, Python and Ruby.
- Selenium deployed on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
Why Selenium for Automation
- Selenium is an open source device that is easy to download and easy to use.
- Provide web-based testing automation tools and provide cross-browser testing in many environments.
- It is able to create and execute test cases against different browsers eg: Firefox, IE, Google Chrome, Safari etc …
- write scripts using many programming languages eg: Java, .NET, PHP, Pearl, Python, Ruby etc…
- The test is capable of executing scripts on many operating environments to create and execute test cases eg: MS Windows, Unix and Macintosh etc…
- Data Driven Testing to Enhance Reliability, Able to Support Cross Browser Testing.
- WebDriver supports parallel test execution using TestNG to complete many tasks at one time.
Advantages of Selenium
- This is an open source tool with supports all operating systems.
- It supports almost all browsers like Firebox, IE, Chrome, Safari.
- Supports programming languages like Java, Ruby, Python. PHP, .Net, and C#.
- Multiple tests can run simultaneously.