Overview of TestNG for Selenium
TestNG Testing Framework:
- TestNG is an advance framework designed to take advantage of the benefits of both the developer and the testers.
- TestNG is an open source framework that is distributed under the Apache software license and is easily available for download.
- Due to its advance facilities, TestNG is considered to be better than JUnit.
Features of TestNG:
- Support for Annotations.
- There is no need to create a test suite for advance performance mechanism.
- Support for Parameters.
- Support for data driven testing with the help of data providers.
- Setting execution priorities for test methods.
- Supports threat safe environments while executing multiple threads.
- Easily supports integration with various tools and plug-ins such as construction equipment (ant, maven etc), integrated development environment (eclipse).
- Using reportNG makes the user comfortable with the effective medium of report generation.
Advantages of TestNG:
- TestNG annotation test cases are easy to make.
- Test cases can be grouped and get prioritized more easily.
- Supports Parameterization.
- Supports data driven testing using Dataproviders.
- Generates HTML reports.
- Parallel test execution is possible.
- Easily supports integration with other devices and plugins such as Eclipse IDE, build Tools Ant, Maven etc. …