Java for Selenium WebDriver
- Java is a programming language created by Sun Microsystems and discharged in 1995.
- It was initially created by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems (which has since converged into Oracle Corporation).
- The most recent arrival of the Java Standard Edition is Java SE 9.
- The goal of Java is to write a software once and then run this application on more than one working systems.
- Oracle keeps this venture known as OpenJDK.
Divided into three categories, they are
- J2SE (Java 2 Standard Edition)
- J2EE (Java 2 Enterprise Edition)
- J2ME (Java 2 Micro or Mobile Edition)
There are four main types of applications
- Java is utilized to make server-side web applications. Presently, servlet, JSP, struts, JSF and so forth advancements are utilized.
- It is otherwise called desktop application or window-based application.
- An application that we have to introduce on each machine or server, for example, media player, antivirus and so forth.
- AWT and Swing are utilized as a part of Java for making independent applications.
- An application that is distributed in nature, for example, managing an account application and so on.
- It has the benefit of high-level security, load balancing, and clustering.
- In Java, EJB is utilized for making enterprise applications.
- Is utilized to make application programming’s for cell phones.
- At present Java, ME is utilized for making applications for little gadgets, and furthermore modifying dialect for Google Android application improvement.
Main Features of JAVA
- Platform independent language.
- Object Oriented language.
- Robust Language.
Object-oriented Programming :
Object-oriented Programming is a way of implementation in which applications are prepared as cooperative series of objects, each of which represents an example of a class, and whose lessons are all members of a hierarchy of instructions united through inheritance relationships.
OOP’s Concept in Java For Selenium WebDriver:
Encapsulation is the manner of compartmentalizing the factors of an abstraction that constitute its structure and conduct; encapsulation serves to split the contractual interface of an abstraction and its implementation.
- Hides the implementation information of a class.
- Forces the consumer to apply an interface to get entry to information.
- Makes the code extra maintainable.
Abstraction denotes the important characteristics of an object that distinguish it from all other kinds of objects and for that reason provide crisply described conceptual barriers, relative to the perspective of the viewer.
Polymorphism is the lifestyles of the classes or techniques in extraordinary bureaucracy or unmarried call denoting one of a kind implementations.
Inheritance is the technique by means of which one object acquires the properties of some other object.
Why Java for Selenium WebDriver
- Great help for Selenium with Java, You can get more help archives and usage from the Internet.
- The larger part of Selenium Testers utilizing on Java, so information sharing is simple.
- Is a platform independent language, we can utilize it in any Operating environment.
How much Java is required for Selenium?
For test Automation core java for selenium expertise is sufficient.
- OOP’s concept’s for Selenium: Class, Objects, Polymorphism, Inheritance, and Encapsulation.
- Java Programming essentials for Selenium: Object Instances, method overloading /overriding concepts and packages.
- Control Statements for Selenium: While, Do-While, Switch, If statements.